Project Name: Rockville Water Treatment Plant Electrical Distribution System Upgrades and Main Building Renovations.
Project Owner: City of Rockville, Maryland.
Engineer: CDM Smith.
Bid Time Due: January 12th, 2021
Address: Rockville water Treatment Plant Maryland.Scope of Work: The project is for electrical distribution systems upgrade and building renovations at Rockville’s Water Treatment Plant; and all other work as shown on the contract documents and where specified herein. The water treatment plant is located in Montgomery County on Sandy Landing Road in Potomac, Maryland. The plant was originally built in 1958 with a 4 million gallons per day (MGD) capacity, then upgraded to its current capacity of 8 MGD in 1968. The project consists of the furnishing of all labor, materials, equipment, tools and services for the upgrades and other associated work as specified in the contract documents. The Water Treatment Plant project scope of work includes but is not limited to the following:
• Demolition of interior and exterior electrical equipment including the substation.
• Demolition of the Main Building’s second and third floors.
• Renovation of second floor into an Operations Floor (restrooms, water quality sampling, offices, filing room, staff room, break room, etc).
• Renovation of third floor into an Electrical Room.
• Removal and replacement of exterior doors and windows on the Main Building and Raw Water Gallery.
• Roof replacement and improvements on the Main Building and Raw Water Gallery.
• Removal and replacement of HVAC systems.
• Installation of electrical conduit, transformers, switchgear, VFDs, etc.
Please note, the Drawings associated with this solicitation are 100% complete but not issued for construction. The Contractor will be issued a set of ‘Conform Drawings’ which will have incorporated clarifications, changes, additions, deletions, etc. as a result of the solicitation process, where any clarifications, changes, additions, deletions, etc. will also be communicated during the solicitation process in the form of a formal, written Addendum(s)
Project Value: $6,000,000.00 to $7,000,000.00 as per the engineer estimation.
All subcontractors will submit their bids a day before prior the due date to us (Norair Engineering Corp), and I will be the POC for this project. Any questions they can reach to me between 7:30 am till 4:30 pm M-F. My contact information below.
Norair Engineering CORP. 337 Brightseat Rd. Suite 200
Landover, MD 20785.